How to overcome the challenges of implementing, managing and measuring BIM / Digital Twin solutions on large-scale, multi-phased highway interchange projects.
This webinar will focus on the BIM / Digital Twin Solution on behalf of the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) for the Kew Gardens Interchange multi-phase project and other high priority projects located in New York City.
Proper 4D planning requires a regular digital twinning cycle; the common practice today involves gathering data by walking the site, during highway use, making data collection both dangerous and time-consuming. This collection method often leads to 10% spot checks and assumptions instead of full inspections, which in turn leads to incomplete and sometimes inaccurate information feedback to project planning and control. Information is also often available only four to six weeks after the fact which is generally too late to support the next planning cycle.
- Determining, integrating, and optimizing the tools
- The 3D BIM Model as Contract Document / Contractual Requirement
- Practical Use: Utilizing the model for project management, construction phasing, and constructability
- Developing complete BIM specifications including LOD (since 2016)
- Development of Model Management Plans
- Construction coordination and collaboration through build-out, including managing schedule, cost, risk, quality, and other ‘key’ performance indicators developed for BIM
- Leveraging as-built data deliverables for Operations and Asset Management